Join the PTA
Thank you for taking the first step in strengthening our Beard Nation by joining the Beard Elementary PTA!
STEP 1: Join the PTA by clicking below.
STEP 2: Setup your PT Avenue account.
We have made upgrades to our PTA system, PT Avenue, which will streamline and eliminate repetitive paper forms sent home for parents to complete. To setup your PT-Avenue account, CLICK HERE (use code: buckaroos) to access information regarding volunteer preferences, school directory and PTA newsletters.
As far as PTA and volunteering at our school, this will be a one-time entry for yourself and your family members that will remain over the course of your child’s enrollment at Beard Elementary. It can, of course, be updated by you as to what information you share with PTA coordinators as well as with the student directory. Hooray!
For more detailed PT-Avenue instructions, see below.
LET’S SAVE SOME TREES!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP & PATIENCE AS WE BRING ON THIS NEW FORMAT TO ASSIST US WITH ALL OF OUR VOLUNTEER, DIRECTORY, and ONLINE STORE NEEDS!
NO MORE REPETITIVE PAPER FORMS! EVEN IF YOU MADE A PT AVENUE ACCOUNT LAST YEAR AS WE EXPERIMENTED WITH THE SYSTEM, YOU MUST MAKE A NEW AND PERMANENT ACCOUNT NOW.
Step-by-step Directions to Access PT-Avenue:
1. Go to www.pt-avenue.com and click LOG IN located in the top right corner of the page; in the left portal enter your organization code. The code for Bob Beard is “buckaroos”.
2. Click on the REGISTER button on the menu located in the top right corner of the page. Choose a password and record your password for future reference.
3. Enter the family’s primary contact information first, selecting the appropriate option from any drop down menus.
4. Select what information you want published in the directory for your family. (Remember the directory is a key source for party invitations, play dates etc.) ONLY the information you APPROVE (indicated by a YES tab) will appear in the directory. Information you tab YES grants PTA permission to publish this selected information. If you prefer any information not be listed, check the appropriate boxes NO. Information marked NO will not be published.
5. In the volunteer tab, select the areas that interest you. Checking the box only indicates you are interested and does not commit you to a specific event. You will receive a follow up email for specific opportunities.
6. Select the green button at the bottom of the form that says, “Add New Primary Contact.” This will take you to a new screen to enter additional family members, including students.
7. After entering information for each individual, click the ADD THIS PERSON button. Repeat as necessary for your family. You can click the COPY FROM PRIMARY button to copy address information.
8. Please select your student’s grade/teacher from the menu when known.
9. Split households may elect to add a separate primary contact and repeat the process.
10. Select CLICK TO FINISH button after all information has been added.
Don’t forget: All volunteers must complete a NISD-required background check before volunteering on campus. Click here to access the form online: https://hrvolunteer.nisd.net/TempMod.nsf?Open.